[CS-FSLUG] NI: THINKING PAPER

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 10 08:36:16 CDT 2005

> What does it mean to "uphold a nation" - does it mean to agree with
> all decisions made by its current political leadership?  I'd certainly
> hope not (eg. the rise of Hitler in Germany - he was appointed to
> power by President Hindenberg)

It means that in a time of war one either supports his/her country
or leaves and joins another country.

The Hitler example is improper because he seized power illegitimately
and led his country into an utterly unnecessary war of imperialism.
The USA has never in modern history engaged in any war for imperialistic
purposes (had we been imperialistic we'd directly control Europe,
Japan, and other sections of the world).  The USA has neither engaged
in warfare for any purpose other than strategic self-defense.

It means that one does not commit functional acts of sedition or
treason.

It means that one looks past ones political bias and understands
that national leadership often has more information than the average
ignorant peasant about matters of national security.

It means that God places or permits people into leadership and
unless asked to act in ways directly disobedient to the Word of
God we are commanded by God to submit to their authority.

"Render unto Caesar ..."

And yes, clueless integrity-challenged Massachusetts liberal that
he is I would have supported Kerry if he engaged in military
action designed to serve the strategic self-defense of the USA.

I would, for other reasons, have used legitimate methods to assist
his opponent in the next election as I did in the cases of Carter
and Clinton but overt attacks on the political legitimacy and motives
of my President (regardless of Party) absent hard evidence would
be unbecoming a genuine Christian.

IMHO, YMMV ... doc

--
Respectfully,