[CS-FSLUG] ISO Image Quality & Burn Speeds

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:50:18 CDT 2005

On 8/9/05, Don Parris <evangelinux at thefreelyproject.org> wrote:
[snip]
> I won't swear to it, but I'm willing to bet that, if a CD-ROM drive is rated
> at 24x, it can probably display data burned faster than that, but can't
> handle the installation ISO image burned at higher speeds.
[snip]

That's never been an issue for me, I've burned Linux ISOs far faster
on my desktop then the drive dad's laptop had could handle, and they
still worked fine. I've burned Linux ISOs at full speed on my desktop
and I have yet to see a computer with a slower drive not be able to
read them perfectly even during an installation. This is all very
strange.