[CS-FSLUG] NI: Oh......this is good!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Aug 8 20:18:06 CDT 2005

http://tinyurl.com/bvoyf

This is a printer friendly version of an article from the The Journal News.
To print this article open the file menu and choose Print.

What if WWII was like today?
By Mike Cochrane
White Plains
(Original Publication: August 6, 2005)

Imagine for a moment if the same sensibilities being shown today by our media,
as well as certain politicians and pop-culture types, was applied to our
struggles during in World War II. Here are six news blotters I believe we'd
see:

1. London mayor takes time out from shoveling rubble after another nightly
blitzkrieg to say, "It's our own fault. If our policies weren't so harsh on
Germany at the Treaty of Versailles, then we wouldn't be in this position
today."

2. An anonymous tip revealing nuclear work at a remote New Mexican lab has set
off a string of protests, with people chanting, "Monkey see, monkey do! Just
because Hitler and the Japanese are trying to develop a nuclear weapon does
that mean we also have to?"

3. College protesters against the Allied occupation of West Germany, call for
Allied troops to leave. Said one protester, "If America and its allies brought
their troops home, I have no doubt that the foreign insurgents presently
infiltrating West Germany will also simply leave and go home as well."

4. Dozens Die in Allied Strike and Nazi Attack! Allied forces killed 24
alleged Nazi insurgents yesterday after coming under attack.

5. Poll of German citizens reveals that many preferred rule under Hitler as
opposed to being occupied by foreigners. Said one German polled, "It was
better under Hitler, the street was a lot safer while he was our leader."

to you, at this time.