[CS-FSLUG] NI: THINKING PAPER

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Aug 8 06:15:21 CDT 2005

Warren Sanders wrote:
> I was moved by this paper and decided to forward it to a friend whom I
> thought could find common understanding.  Boy was I wrong!  I didn't get
> direct feedback from him but he informed me his comments we directed via
> his blog.  Anyway... you can find it at
> http://www.democracyformontana.org/node/62 and as a warning, his stance is
> not for Christian values nor does he up-hold our nation as a true citizen
> should.  In some regards, I would tend to agree with him; we are to only
> be in this World not of it. With that we should support and pray for our
> leaders wherever you are from.

Slow down, folks. Please. I don't support our presence in Iraq, either.
Nor do I subscribe to everything in the original letter to which this
blog reacts. I am a disabled veteran of military service and would do it
again for the right reasons. I am also a strong believer, so it's not
fair to reflexively equate a particular brand of partiotism with
following Jesus. I'd say the blog is a somewhat closer to the truth than
the letter, but I don't much care for politics and don't want to bother
writing my own rant on it. The real danger in Islam is hardly the
terrorists, though they are a symptom of it. Any real victory from God
will not involve military action. You are right, Warren, about "in the
world, not of it."

--
Ed Hurst