[CS-FSLUG] Re: NI: Images: First views of Windows Vista

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 3 21:11:14 CDT 2005

On 08/03/2005 05:36:42 PM, David Aikema wrote:
> One of the Microsoft "powertoys" adds in support for virtual desktops.
>  From what I recall, though, it took up far too much screen real
> estate when I had it installed.

I use that "powertoy" at work. It's hard coded for 4 desktops. Not
ideal, but better than just a single desktop.

It only supports keys to jump to a specific desktop (number 1, 2, 3, or
4). My GNOME desktop at home can use the arrow keys to move in a
direction (left, right, up down). I like GNOME's movement better.

What really bothers me with XP is that all of the windows are so large.
Maybe it's the font. I can easily access three or more windows on one
GNOME desktop. But the XP windows at work always seem to be in each
other's way.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com