[CS-FSLUG] Re: NI: Images: First views of Windows Vista

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:28:35 CDT 2005

On 8/2/05, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:
> Some of the stuff looks a bit better, but as a whole, I think MS went
> way overboard on transparency. It ought to be there just enough to
> soften things, not become distracting or make everything look busy...
> It is a good thing MS doesn't need to win by aesthetics.
>
>      -Tim

What I don't get is the lack of virtual desktops in Windows.  In the
beginning, I honestly didn't really get the concept.  Now I can hardly
live without it.  Likewise for the lady whose system I installed
Ubuntu on.  She now regularly uses some or all of the virtual
desktops.  The virtual terminals & windows are, for me, a serious
advantage of a GNU system.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist