[CS-FSLUG] NI: Intel wags mangy Centrino dog by Boeing's tail

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Aug 3 09:42:40 CDT 2005

To Intel: Drop the snake oil and kill Centrino

"Intel is trying to create the perception that you're better off working with
Centrino gear in Centrino hotspots. Here's why the marketing, like its joint
announcement with Boeing, is deceptive: There's no evidence to suggest that
the user of a non-Centrino notebook will have a more difficult time
connecting in a Centrino hotspot than will the user of a Centrino notebook.
The basis of interoperability in a hotspot is not the Centrino brand, but
rather support of the various 802.11 standards. The Centrino marketing
campaign is an insult to everything that open standards are designed to
accomplish."

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=1660&tag=nl.e539

to you, at this time.