[CS-FSLUG] Re: NI: Images: First views of Windows Vista

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:22:13 CDT 2005

On 8/2/05, Chris Brault <groundhog3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The real question is,
>
> > I have translucent menus in KDE, and really just
> > don't see anything to be excited about with Vista.
>
> How many Windows-only users even know KDE exists? To
> Windows users, this must look like the coolest thing
> since FM radio, popcorn makers and "set it and forget
> it". To a WinXP user, the "wow" factor is probably
> pretty high. For those of us who recall the IBM/M$
> battle, it's not the better products that wins, it's
> the better promoted.
>
> Gabe

I confess, I speak from the vantage point of one who has been to the
"mountain top", so to speak.  It really makes a difference, too.  I
never really had a problem with the Windows desktop; neither was I
ever really excited by it.  Seeing other systems gives me the ability
to view things differently.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist