[CS-FSLUG] NI: Bank's IT advantage falls flat on its face

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Aug 2 11:34:27 CDT 2005

Bank's IT advantage falls flat on its face

"Perhaps proving that IT really does matter (and that it can't deliver on the
promise it makes in one of its TV commercials), Bank of America last week
experienced a disruption to its direct deposit operations. Late Thursday, I
received the following e-mail notification: "If your paycheck is directly
deposited into your Bank of America account, you will have noticed that your
deposit has not posted for today. Bank of America has confirmed that they are
experiencing system problems and currently do not know when the problem will
be resolved and your accounts credited..." Talk about IT mattering. I can't
imagine it not mattering in this situation... "

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/index.php?p=1652&tag=nl.e539

to you, at this time.