[CS-FSLUG] Wake Up Call - Madalyn Murray O'Hare

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sat Apr 23 17:37:56 CDT 2005

On Sunday 24 April 2005 02:54, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Let's see, I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare
> complained she didn't want any prayer in our schools.

The irony and lesson here is that Madalyn and her grand-daughter (also an
Atheist but more out of habit than any driving need to be) were
subsequently murdered by the Treasurer of American Atheists over a matter
of some $40,000 in stolen (by him) organisation funds.

I particularly remember this because the grand-daughter was killed halfway
through a FidoNet conversation I was having with her; it was only several
months after she stopped returning messages that her murder hit the news.

Cheers; Leon