[CS-FSLUG] Linux Job offers -- interesting

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Apr 25 13:06:14 CDT 2005

Frank Bax wrote:
> At 01:33 PM 4/25/05, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
>> This just got posted on our local LUG (in Israel):
>>
>> Horizon Semiconductors is developing the next generation of high
>> definition DVDs.
>>
>> We are looking for enthusiastic and self motivated Linux software
>> engineers,
>

> In North America (and perhaps elsewhere), a developer cannot call
> themselves a software engineer unless they have a university degree in
> engineering.  Some of these jobs list requirements as B.Sc, Engineering
> *or* Computer Science.
>
> Did you notice GPA over 90 as requirement?

I never looked much into what they were offering -- I just thought that
it was interesting that *the big guys* are looking for Linux
programmers/developers.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com