[CS-FSLUG] The BBC's Creative Archive License

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:36:36 CDT 2005

I don't really know if this has much to do with the entertainment
industry.  The BBC is a government funded organization (the British TV
tax ... perhaps others as well), and so it can be seen as having more
of an obligation to release material like that.

Aso noted in the article is that popular entertainment programs would
probably not be released under this license.

This perhaps is somewhat similar to the CBC in Canada which is
subsidized to the tune of about $100000000 per year.  They have a lot
of their content available online... and I think that they may even
have some of their stuff in ogg format (I can't recall offhand).

David