[CS-FSLUG] Morals of free software - Was: RevolutionOS Movie

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Apr 15 23:44:31 CDT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 22:58, Bob Brown wrote:
> I appreciate free software, both gratis and libre, but it is not the
> core of my beliefs. I would give up both for the sake of my ministry
> if it was necessary. Yes, that sounds like a silly choice to have to
> make and I doubt it would occur, but that is the order of my
> priorities in action. I have no doubts that anyone here serious about
> their Christian service would make the same decision.

Quite so, Bob. I chose Linux at first because it was new and exciting to
me, but also cheap. I've stayed with it only because it's better --
truly superior technology. I stuck with FreeBSD for the longest time
until it no longer suited my needs. As long as Linux enables and
enhances my ministry, it's what I'll use.

--
Ed Hurst