[CS-FSLUG] Pray for Ecuador

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Fri Apr 15 23:31:02 CDT 2005

Please pray for Ecuador right now.  Tonight a State of Emergency has
been declared for Quito and, in effect, President Gutierrez has declared
himself a dictator according to various mayors and representatives by
overstepping the authority of the Presidency here and dissolving the
Supreme Court.  Quito has been in protests for 3-4days and this is what
has provoked the reaction of the government.  Right now there are many
(thousands) of people in various sectors of the city protesting
(peacefully).  It looks like the government might close a radio station
that has been critical of it and I think I heard that, under the state
of emergency, one politician might have been put under arrest.

Please pray.

sjm