[CS-FSLUG] RevolutionOS Movie

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 13:54:03 CDT 2005

On 4/15/05, Bob Brown <bebrown at gmail.com> wrote:
> I though Stallman had serious ethical issues with even having a
> non-free BIOS on his computer.
> I am astonished that he would allow himself to be a part of a non-free
> documentary.
>
> Okay, I'm really not, but I guess his radical fundamentalism is only
> focused in one area.
>
> Bob

You have to remember, his view of copyright, generally speaking, is
that copyright law in this land has lost the balance it was intended
to maintain.  I don't know that he is opposed to copyright as a whole.
 However, he also views software as differing from material property,
due to the fact that material property cannot be copied in the same
manner.  Because physical material and digital "material" have such
different qualities, they cannot be treated the same.

He has suggested that I use a different license for PitP, given that
it is not a manual.  He suggested a license that prohibited others
from modifying the text.  Naturally, if he thought I was seeking to
prevent fair use, I assure you he would call me on that.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/