[CS-FSLUG] New cookie trick?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Apr 13 14:49:35 CDT 2005

I chase a lot of news stories, and it takes me to a wide variety of
outlets. Once or twice I've run into a website that would check for
cookies while loading. Because I denied them, I was forwarded to a page
that required I sign up or something. I believe Sunday Morning Herald
(Australia) does that.

Today I ran into a website that did something a bit naughtier:
Bennington Banner. It kept trying to reload if I didn't accept the
cookies. Is that plausible? Here's the link:

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/Stories/0,1413,104~8676~2813819,0.html#

--
Ed Hurst