[CS-FSLUG] finding free laptops for missionaries

Ruth Marlene Friesen bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Tue Apr 12 17:51:45 CDT 2005

Hi folks,
Been real busy of late, but will explain in another email. Here let me ask a
question on behalf of some missionary friends who are heading back to an
island in Irian Jaya. They work with Wycliffe and are going to reduce a
tribal language to a written form and translate the Bible.

Thing is, they hope to train some of the tribes people to do some of this work
themselves, so they (the missionaries) work themselves out of a job after a
couple of year. To do this they need to round up some laptops.

I asked if they had to have Windows. Kerry said no, but at least able to
handle the kind of work Win98 can do. I take it they have no experience with
Linux, but they are willing to consider it.

I had found some web sites for them, that collect equipment for missions, but
they checked those out and found a lack or hindrance in each one. I  would
give you those links, but my Windows crashed, and I'm still sorting through
the imported emails now in KMail. Can't find that one yet. :(

They are leaving in about a week, so I thought I better ask in case someone
else has clues or leads.

--
Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth Marlene Friesen

When you meet Ruthe and her Friend -
You've got Friends! http://www.Ruthes-SecretRoses.com
                       \o/
P.S. Buy it & it's on its way to you within 48 hours!
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/RSR.html
or as e-book to download right away -
http://Ruthes-SecretRoses.com/rsr/Intro.html