[CS-FSLUG] NETWORK MONITORING WITH NAGIOS, PART ONE

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Wed Apr 6 17:38:44 CDT 2005

Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> I use Nagios and have been pretty happy with it. It keeps me informed in
> a way I wasn't before and is an easy install. Configuration is a bit of
> a pain, but well worth it.

We looked at a couple of options for our network and decided on Nagios.
  We haven't completely implemented it, yet, but will be doing so in the
?near? future.  One of my co-workers found that installing NagMin (a
webmin plugin simplified configuration considerably.

We are going with Nagios mainly for the scalability of it for multi-site
use.  For single site use with lesser requirements Big Brother is a good
option.

sjm