[CS-FSLUG] Blog: Forgot Linux?

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Apr 1 20:14:54 CST 2005

> Dude,
>
> You win by attrition. I wasn't looking for an expose
> on where Linux is lacking ... however, I guess now we
> know. That said, perhaps we should get someone to
> write the software we want.

	Primarily, I was demonstrating why multimedia support -- I think --
isn't really a problem even though it is a problem. I agree with Nathan
that GNU/Linux is lacking in this area as I was clear in the first
parts of the message, but the latter part shows why I generally don't
opine a whole lot on multimedia (and then I got off track). Given that
multimedia support is key for home users, it seems to me we need not
worry about it too much until the system is oriented more to the home
users.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |