[CS-FSLUG] Anyone Seen Lazlo LPS?

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Apr 1 07:12:45 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 15:34 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Thu March 31 2005 8:52 am, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 00:30 -0500, Don Parris wrote:
> > > This looks way cool!  I need to look a bit closer, but y'all should
> > > check out the sample apps.
> > >
> > > http://www.laszlosystems.com/
> >
> > If I'm correct, this is just flash based webmail. Why is this an
> > improvement? Seems to me that it is an over-complication of an already
> > complicated medium.
> >
> > Perhaps I'm being a little dramatic, but I cringe at the idea of having
> > to support a flash based OWA (Outlook Wed Access) for my Exchange
> > server.
>
> I'd "cringe" at having to support the "evil empire's" Exchange. :)

I'm not going to say that you get used to it or that it makes sense. In
many ways it suffers from an over-simplification of a complicated medium
that should be understood before being setup. In any case it was a
legacy system and I lost the push for something else in a recent upgrade
to Exch2k3.

Maybe next time. I just found that OpenGroupware has a LiveCD demo that
can be picked up and played with so I might start watching that program
some.

JSR/