[CS-FSLUG] Windows XP restrictions & exploits

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 30 10:30:18 CDT 2004

At 07:28 PM 9/29/04, N. Thompson wrote:
>BTW. I have to know by Friday whether it will be possible for me to run my
>program on the school computers if anyone has something to suggest.

Two possible options I can think of:

Do the browsers allow java apps?   If they do, you might consider using
VNC.  I've never used the java based client (I've only used the exe
client), but it will run on those computers, you could setup remote access
to your own machine at home.  I don't have time today to do testing.  Maybe
tomorrow, but then there's no time for you to test at your end.

What about WinXP remote desktop - is the client side available on the
school systems?  You could enable remote access on your machine at home and
run the program on your own machine.

Frank