[CS-FSLUG] Gmail question

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 30 00:32:13 CDT 2004

I agree with Fred, I have had simple Microsoft Office spreadsheats with just a
few graphs and a small table go over 13 MB. I have never in my life seen a
file that huge with such little content, had I done it work WordPerfect
Office or OpenOffice the file would have been a under 200 KB but MS Office
has some sort of feature iirc that records everything you've done with a
document and stores it as a history in the document, thus super-bloating it.
If MS Office is going to make such huge files for so little content then I'd
need a lot more leverage as far as maximum files sizes go, interestingly the
internet has been around for a long time now but moving files back and fourth
from school to home is still a tremendous pain, no floppy disks or portable
usb drives allowed because the school's decision makers are worried that they
may add more viruses to their already ample collection lurking through the
network as it is.