[CS-FSLUG] Windows XP restrictions & exploits

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 30 00:25:40 CDT 2004

On September 29, 2004 07:44 pm, Bradly McConnell wrote:
> > I know it's generally considered a despicable option, but what about
> > writing the crypto app in JAVA and running it in a browser? ASP.NET? Or
> > perhaps even a macro for Word?
>
> Sounds like the word option would probably be blocked too.
> If you go the java route, make sure you have an idea what version is
> on the computer you will present it on - Sun or Microsofts VM.

I agree that word macros would probably be disabled, I do not know how to
write Java applets though since requires a knowledge of the awt toolkit and
I've always used swing, its also likely that Java plugins in IE would be
disabled since the school doesn't want kids to play games on their computers.

I'm going to see whether I will be able to persuade them into letting my use a
Live CD distribution although I'm not likely to get permission.