[CS-FSLUG] Perl versus Python versus Ruby

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Sep 28 22:06:51 CDT 2004

I've been looking around at different scripting languages that would have good
Qt and KDE bindings and wouldn't look too cryptic or difficult but so far
I've been unable to decide.

Personally I think the new Ruby bindings are a little confusing, I haven't
really had too much experience with Python but I've also not found a good KDE
based IDE for it and as far as Perl goes I have used the language a little
and found it to be nice if not cryptic.

I'm know there are those of you in this list that have used Perl and Python if
not Ruby (Tim & Groundhog :-) ), I haven't really had enough experience with
these programming languages to make a good decision but basically I'm looking
for something with good printed documentation (ie: books) and good
documentation on the KDE bindings.

BTW. I have gotten much better at bash scripting since I got a certain book on
programming in Linux, its incredible how much easier it is to understand
something that isn't printed on a computer screen :-) .