[CS-FSLUG] Linux classes and website

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Sep 28 11:54:37 CDT 2004

Doug Coats wrote:
> I have only worked with RedHat and Fedora (Simply because that is what I
> know and I have no time to "play" with anything else.  If any of you are
> interested you could write the same class material (covering the same
> subjects) for other distributions where they differed from how FC does it.
>
> That way if a person wanted to learn to setup a network using DHCP they
> would follow the appropriate links and then choose a distribution.
>
> We could all share our knowledge and experiences and learn new things in the
> process.
>
> I figure we could use something like Drupal as our CMS and even give whoever
> uses the site the ability to comment and add content if we wanted to.
>
> What do you think?  Anyone interested?

Of course, with the caveat that I have little or no experience for some
server packages on FreeBSD. The nature of my Internet connection frankly
prevents some things, and I only know what I've used. Still, I'm quite
handy with writing simple instructions for installation, and I'm getting
pretty well acquainted with Postfix (competes with Sendmail). I'm in the
  process of publishing a series on installation of FreeBSD with Tim at
Ofb.biz, along with a serious of very basic descriptions of the
difference between FOSS and Windows for the desktop user.

Steal as much of my material as you wish, and ask for more on any topic
not covered. See my links below.

--
Ed Hurst