[CS-FSLUG] Way OT: Irrigation question

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Mon Sep 27 10:48:46 CDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:16:03 -0600
Sandra Capri <scapri at spro.net> wrote:

> I've been a lurker for a few years now, and embarrassed that I haven't
> taken the time to really introduce myself, but want to give some input
> on the irrigation question.
>
> I live in the treasure valley in southern Idaho (USA).  We are an
> irrigated desert.  Most everyone I know has sprinkler systems, and
> most everyone I know has horrible problems with their older sprinkler
> systems(including ourselves, in this current house we moved into 4
> years ago).
>
> At our previous house, we had an ~1 acre of lawn, and my husband
> refused to have a sprinkler system, since he had seen so many bad
> systems.  I did some serious research, and found an excellent local
> sprinkler guy(Kelly McDonough).   He gave me references for other
> folks he had installed for, and their systems had been years
> trouble-free.  He put a sprinkler system in at our old house, which
> has been installed for > 6 years now, and AFAIK, it is still
> completely trouble-free.
>
> Kelly only uses 1 type of gear driven head - the Hunter (PGP or higher
> for commercial installations).  He makes much of his income replacing
> old sprinkler systems that used Toro, or other kind of pop-up head,
> and he replaces with Hunter.  If we had the spare money, he'd be out
> here replacing this nightmare system in the current house!
>
> So without trying to bias you, you can guess my recommendation!
>
> Sorry no info on Linux controllers :-(
> --
> Sandra Capri <scapri at spro.net>

Thanks for your input Sandra and [a belated] welcome to the list.

I also have done quite a bit of research, web and talking to local
professionals and the consensus is only Hunter. Rainbird comes a close
second -- but not close enough.
We're talking to other suppliers now, who actually have the specific
sprinklers that we want, and hopefully will be able to get a good deal.

Nice *meeting you* :-)

Blessings from Israel,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com