[CS-FSLUG] Way OT: Irrigation question

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Sun Sep 26 14:42:51 CDT 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:58:07 -0400
Bradly McConnell <bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:51:50 +0200, Nigel Ridley
> <nigel at i-amfaithweb.net> wrote:
> > I need some help. Anybody on the list with some experience with lawn
> > irrigation and *pop-up* sprinklers?
> >
> > Up until now I have always used Hunter products -- mostly their
> > 'PGP' line. I now have a large project on the kibbutz to install
> > irrigation systems for 18 houses and the supplier is trying to
> > convince me to use RainBird over Hunter.
> > Does anybody know, or know someone that knows, which are better?
> >
> > I did go to both websites but both say that their products are
> > superior and give data to *prove* it. I am comfortable with Hunter
> > as I am familiar with their products but am willing to use something
> > different if it is better.
> >
> > Now if you could point me to a controller with embedded Linux then
> > this message wouldn't be *Way OT* :-)
> >
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Nigel
> >
> > --
> > It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
> > --
> >
> > I AM Bible Studies and Resources
> > http://www.i-amfaithweb.net
> >
> > Messianic E-Cards.com
> > http://www.messianicecards.com
> >
> > OliveRoot Ministries
> > http://www.oliveroot.net
> >
> > Praying For Israel.net
> > http://www.prayingforisrael.net
> >

> You could set up a test system with a few heads of the rain bird type
> and see how they work that way.  I've never put much thought into
> sprinkler systems though, so I'm not sure how much the test system
> would prove .
>
> Brad

I think I might just do that. There are some houses that are ready
before the others so I might just use them as the *experiment*.
I did 'google groups' "rainbird hunter" and most said that they are
about equal but most of the results were about 5-10 years old!

We shall see .........

Thank you though.

Blessings,

Nigel