[CS-FSLUG] Re: Jeanne

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 25 08:35:11 CDT 2004

At 12:53 AM 9/25/04, Fred Miller wrote:
> > If she collides with the Florida coast, she is HERE.. she is 400 miles
> > wide.. the state is only 275 at the widest... more wind, rain and damage to
> > come. Power folks are worried. They have used all the reserve repair
> > stuff.. we may be w/out power for 3 to 5 weeks!

Apparently, even power workers themselves were in short supply after
Frances.  I saw on the local news last night that Hydro One workers from
near here just got back from helping out in Florida.  They even sponsored a
kid's sports team - shirts, caps, etc (although I couldn't find a website
that included this part).
http://www.canadanewswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2004/23/c2908.html