[CS-FSLUG] The young preacher.

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Sep 23 16:16:50 CDT 2004

A young preacher was asked by the local funeral director to hold  a
graveside burial service at a small local cemetery for  someone with no
family or  friends.

The preacher started early but quickly got himself lost, making several
wrong turns.   Eventually, a half-hour late, he  saw a  backhoe and its
crew, but the hearse was nowhere in sight,  and  the workmen were eating
lunch.

The diligent young pastor went  to the open grave and found the  vault lid
already in place.  Taking out his book, he read the service.  Feeling
guilty because of  his tardiness, he  preached an impassioned and lengthy
service, sending  the deceased to the great beyond in style.

As he was  returning to his car, he overheard one of the work men  say:
"I've been  putting in septic tanks for twenty years and I ain't never
seen nothin'  like that."

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."