[CS-FSLUG] CBS Fined $550K for Super Bowl Broadcast

listmail at rotundus.com listmail at rotundus.com
Thu Sep 23 02:57:05 CDT 2004

Quoting Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>:

> The fine isn't large enough, IMHO, but it could have been worse.
>
> Fred
>
> http://www.parentstv.org/

I'm a little bit curious as to what you might consider an appropriate fine.
I'll agree that CBS makes an insane amount of money off the games, but I'm
unsure as to how to attach a $$$ figure to something.

I also wonder how appropriate it is to attach a fine to something that takes
place "accidentally" (whether the act was intentional by the person who
committed it I'm unsure, but I doubt it was done with CBS approval) on a live
event.  Is the half-time show actually put on by CBS, or is it organized by the
NFL?

David