[CS-FSLUG] Switching to linux

K Luckenbaugh kluck at gdrs.com
Mon Sep 20 05:57:52 CDT 2004

I have recently installed  SUSE 9.1, Mandrake 10.0, and Slackware 10 on
3 different computers with onboard sound and video. Two were on  later
motherboards, one was an earlier  model. SUSE 9.1 seems to have the most
widespread hardware support, though I have not tried Knoppix.   Make
sure alsa is installed (and all the libraries),  make sure  speakers are
plugged into the correct port (I've blown that before!).  If all else
fails, tell me the model of the Motherboard, and I'll hunt it down for you.

  Kelly