[CS-FSLUG] Switching to linux

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Sep 20 08:24:17 CDT 2004

If the computer is put together by a friend, the first thing to try is the
knoppix CD.  Then, if that fails, does anyone know where kudzu puts the hwconf
file on Mandrake?  (do "locate hwconf")  Or you can use "lspnp", or "isapnp" to
list various devices on your system.  If you have no idea what *thing* is in
your computer, they each have a digital ID that you can search for on the
Internet to see if there is a driver for it.

If all else fails, attach the dump from those programs and send it back to us.

	- Tim