[CS-FSLUG] Television

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Sun Sep 19 08:13:17 CDT 2004

Christopher Rose wrote:
> I can not help but wonder what it is that is happening to America.

It started almost as soon as America was born.

> I constantly hear radio broadcasts about various "reality" television shows...

Even then, the genre itself is not to blame. I find that the race across
the countryside of several nations and continents is almost watchable.
At least there, sexual activity is not a part of the competition. As Ron
says, it goes much deeper than any one element in the means of delivery
for multimedia filth. Sin is rooted in the culture itself.

> REJECT cable television. Yes, it means giving up the high speed cable internet

Oh, how I wish such a thing was even available where I live! Seriously,
I've ranted on my blog and other places about the danger of the medium
of TV/Movies itself. It is known to work something like hypnotism,
causing one to suspend rational judgment.

Consequently, I reject all the most carefully selected programs.
Children have long ceased to be a part of the equation in my household,
but mine remember my stern warnings from their childhood. I won't decide
for my wife, but I remind her in love what a danger it all is.

While there's much we don't agree on Christopher, this is one area of
strong accord between us.

--
Ed Hurst

---