[CS-FSLUG] Prayer Request: Our Academic Brothers and Sisters in the South

Ritchie, Josiah JRitchie at bible.edu
Fri Sep 17 11:06:33 CDT 2004

I have a sister at Toccoa Falls College in Northern, GA. A few of you may
remember the tragic flood on their campus that killed some students many
years back. Though not as drastic, similar events are unfolding due to the
hurricane passing through there. They are experiencing massive damage to
their property and evacuation of certain areas of campus. I'm sure other
schools in that area, especially Pensecola, are experiencing similar issues.

Knowing that many of you are praying over that situation, I thought you may
appreciate the following report from my mother concerning Toccoa Falls as a
way to help you pray more specifically for the needs in that area.

"Just got a call from Ruth.  She is on a bus traveling back to campus after
a volley ball game - She goes to school at Toccoa Falls College in Georgia,
where Jenn also goes.  .
She lives in  - is an RA in - one of several trailers on campus, which she
suspects are under water by now..   She says no one knows for sure, since
that part of campus is not accessible.  One building had a roof cave in,
chapel is flooded.  Campus is so wet already, there is no place for the
water to go.  then they got 23" of rain in 1 1/2 hours this afternoon!  Her
trailers were evacuated after she had already left for classes today, so all
she has with her are the day's needs for classes and the volley ball game.
She asks that we be praying for the school"

I know someone was wondering about Bob Jones also. Judging by their webcam
(http://www.bju.edu/aboutbju/campus/webcam) they are wet, but fine for the
moment.

Thank you,
JSR/