[CS-FSLUG] KOffice document portability

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 16 00:54:55 CDT 2004

On September 15, 2004 9:44 pm, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 September 2004 20:37, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> > On Sep 15, 2004, at 6:27 AM, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:
> > > Right now KOffice can open and save files in MS Office and
> > > OpenOffice.org formats. My bet would be to save files as OO.o files
>
> and
>
> > > then opening these in OO.o under Windows.
> >
> >  Are the filters as good as those in OO.o?
> >
> >  -Tim
>
> Tim, AFAICT the conversion from MS Office is adequate, but not perfect;
> i.e., is not on par to OO.o. However, KOffice <--> OO.o format
> conversion is excellent, i.e., functionality is well replicated.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Eduardo

What version of KOffice is that, I'm running KWord 1.3 and when I try to open
an OpenOffice.org (OO.o 1.1.1) file it locks when its at 100% of opening the
file. Would this have to do with the versions or is it just something
particular to SUSE Linux. Another thing I've noticed is that the
OpenOffice.org dictionaries seem to be missing a significant few words in
SUSE Linux, hopefully that will be fixed in SUSE 9.2 or 10.0 (whichever comes
first).