[CS-FSLUG] Linux/Programming magazines

Timothy Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 14 10:54:30 CDT 2004

You might checkout LinuxWorld Magazine. IIRC, I think it has at least a
few programming articles each issue (I think it is published every
other month). I find it a pretty good magazine, overall, although I
like the Linux Magazine and Linux Journal better. I'm looking forward
to the day when Linux publications are written and produced as well as
Windows and Mac publications though...

	-Tim

On Sep 13, 2004, at 11:26 PM, N. Thompson wrote:

> On September 13, 2004 10:07 pm, listmail at rotundus.com wrote:
>> Quoting "N. Thompson" <n.thomp at sasktel.net>:
>>> (is it any easier reading
>>> off an LCD screen?).
>>
>> Yes! (but easier yet to read off paper IMO)
>
> We're in agreement on that one but if I ever come across the money for
> it I
> think I'll upgrade my monitor to a 17 inch LCD with a native
> resolution of
> 1024x768 :-) .
>
>> Anyway I'm looking for a good magazine on C++
>>
>>> programming, I'd especially be interested in one that covers the Qt
>>> toolkit or the KDE libraries. There was one that would have the
>>> occasional such article but I can't remember which one. In the case
>>> that
>>> I cannot find a C++ magazine with good Qt/KDE content I'd be happy
>>> just
>>> settling with one that has regular C++ articles as long as I could
>>> apply
>>> what I'd learn in Linux as well as FreeDOS instead of just in
>>> Windows.
>>> I'm also interested in any magazines that would have a lot of
>>> content on
>>> Python or a magazine that has both articles on Linux and programming.
>>
>> How about the Linux Journal - www.linuxjournal.com ?  Probably most
>> typical
>> programming magazines will be windows-focused.  If you've got any
>> mega-bookstores in your area they might be something to check out, as
>> they
>> generally have a ton of different magazines that typical stores don't
>> stock.
>>
>> David
>
> Thats one of the ones I'm taking into consideration but their
> programming
> articles don't come around as frequently as I'd like, If I'm going to
> get a
> magazine once a month then I'd rather it have more on my favourite
> topic :-) .

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |