[CS-FSLUG] UNIX vs. Linux?

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Wed Sep 15 19:11:18 CDT 2004

Hmm... I meant to reply to this...

> What software do you use for this in OS X?

	iPhoto and the Gimp for me (until I justify the cost of Adobe
Photoshop).

	I got tired of having all of my images in disarray, so I copied them
all over to my Mac and have been putting them in iPhoto albums (way
easier to organize than with anything I've found on GNU/Linux, sadly).
I've organized almost 9,000 photos that way... take a look at this
comment (second below the actual blog post) I made on asisaid
(http://asisaid.com/journal/1092624354.html) to see what it does.

> I've always found artwork on the computer difficult to make except for
> simple
> image manipulation in the Gimp and some simple graphics using inkscape.

	It takes a lot of patience to get the hang of it, although a good
tablet will help. :-) Gimp has a pretty good UI once you get use to it,
but I still wonder what the developers were thinking at times.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)