Denominations (was Re: [CS-FSLUG] Finally!!)

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 14 10:45:56 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:44:51PM -0500, Christopher Rose wrote:
> Good to have you back. Please do me a small favor though, try to cut
> back on the political posts. I admit that politics here in the US is
> important, but not as important as some of the major issues that are
> currently facing the church. Indeed, I find that there are a good many
> people out there that call themselves "christians" and yet they do not
> really seem to either understand the christian faith nor seek to live
> it. Some have only been told that because of Christ, thier sins are
> forgiven, but then it is taken as a license to sin. They pause not to
> consider the ramifications of that forgiveness. Indeed, because we are
> forgiven, we should live as such, and bear in mind and heart that we
> are still sinful and in constant need of forgiveness and renewal. The
> cross of Christ is both our source of salvation and our marching orders,
> there is no inbetween.

Christopher, while I agree that a we raise the threshold of PDs in our
discussion I think we also need to raise it for our denominationalism.
I am sure you will agree with me that Baptists are still as much a part
of the Church as the Lutherans are.  Or the Pentacostals as the
Methodists.  Why so much Lutheran rhetoric then?

Personally, I am a rabid anti-denominationalist.  Denominations are
destroying the church over petty squabbling of stupid non-issues.  Of
course, this would require a lot of denominations to realize that some
of their practices are not "kosher" according to God's will.  Allowing
homosexual ministers is not alright in the True Church.  Lets stop with
the denominationalizing, please?  Lets focus on Jesus and not some crazy
Synod or convention that was held a hundred years ago.  Otherwise we'll
go the way of the Roman Catholic Church and hold the Catechism as a
document on the same level as the Bible.  NOT GOOD.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7