[CS-FSLUG] List Admin Message: Politics

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Sep 13 10:57:50 CDT 2004

> I do have a question on list etiquette:  Should it be allowed to
> auto-forward messages to this list?  Should not EVERY message be a
> manual process that engages the mind to ask the question that what is
> being sent is appropriate to the list?  Just a thought.

	Honestly, I'm not sure how Fred has things setup. I don't think it is
fully automatic, but I do think we are on a "list" in his address book
of recipients for certain messages. There are some messages he chooses
to send out to people personally but doesn't send to the list, so I
don't think perhaps I should have used the word "automatic."

	I know from the time I first met Fred on the SuSE-Linux-E mailing
list, some have questioned his news and commentary postings (on there,
they were all computer related, not political). By and large, people
seem to indicate that they enjoy them, however, so most lists he is on
seem to allow it since it provides for discussion material, etc.

	If anyone has concerns about specific subject matter that you don't
think should have been forwarded, that was in fact forwarded, please
write Christiansource-owner at ofb.biz and we can discuss it.

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |
Presently on "Albert" (DP PPC 970 "G5" running at 2.0 GHz)