[CS-FSLUG] List Admin Message: Politics

Stephen McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Sun Sep 12 19:14:51 CDT 2004

> I'm with Christopher (Rose) and Tim (Roettger), we are doing an awful
> lot of political harping at the moment. What do you say that we take a
> few days off (let's say, barring any major national event that just
> *requires* mentioning, that we wait until 9/18/04 to resume political
> posting). This is a nice way to respect our friends on the list outside
> the U.S. as well as a way to quit choking off other discussions.
>
> Fred Miller can't usually see messages on this list (due to some weird
> quirk in the mailing list software I'm working on), and I think he's
> set us up to receive his news and political messages anyway, so his
> politically oriented messages will probably continue to come in this
> week, but if your in the mood for a political sabbatical, just don't
> reply to (and thus start conversations on) those posts until after
> 9/18/04.
>
> How's that sound?

Sounds good to me, I've been busy enough these past few weeks to not be
able to keep up with all my email.

I do have a question on list etiquette:  Should it be allowed to
auto-forward messages to this list?  Should not EVERY message be a
manual process that engages the mind to ask the question that what is
being sent is appropriate to the list?  Just a thought.

sjm