[CS-FSLUG] UNIX vs. Linux?

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Sat Sep 11 14:30:14 CDT 2004

Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> I'm just wondering, how many of y'all are running a UNIX system like
> FreeBSD or Mac OS X as compared to GNU/Linux? If you run a UNIX system,
> do you run that in addition to GNU/Linux or is that essentially your
> main OS?

FreeBSD 5.3Beta3 on my primary box. Hardware issues have been ironed out
and I don't plan to switch ever again. It even uses my Audigy sound card
with no trouble.

I sometime assist my wife running her XP, but I've threatened often to
install Knoppix. I maintain a computer as church property that runs
Win98 and no connetion to anything but a printer.

When one of my loaner boxes comes back, or when I get another donation,
I'll probably install Debian Woody if it's older, and Knoppix if better
than a 500Mhz CPU.

--
Ed Hurst