[CS-FSLUG] This is breaking my heart.

Ed Hurst softedges at tconline.net
Thu Sep 9 04:27:50 CDT 2004

R. Thompson wrote:

>         A questions for the more learned, historically have churchers
> ever reformed from within, or do the called come out from amoung them?
>
>         Not that attempting to put pressure on the rudder of established
> churches to steer them in the right direction is the wrong thing to do.
> Luther tried it, as did other early reformers.  If I felt our church was
> going astray I'd speak up to, but if the ship continued to go off course
> I think I'd prayerfully consider looking elsewhere, especially if I had
> something to contribute.

I agree with Clawman's statement, but let me add: I've left quite a few
churches, but more because I felt called to another one. At least twice
I have simply left as a spiritual refugee, not knowing where I should go
next, but more often the serious discontent was a signal to look for a
place I was free to serve.

As much, too, I often left because I didn't want to be the problem. I
knew I didn't fit, nor could I bring myself to heel on the leadership.
Rather than obstruct their calling, I simply removed myself to some
other place.

--
Ed Hurst