[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Wed Sep 8 04:25:13 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 11:22, Clawman wrote:
> Cold war ...
>
> >>Reagan didn't win the Cold War because
> >>of diplomacy he won the Cold War because he had the biggest gun.
> >
> >I have thought that Cold War ended because of the collapse of Soviet
> > Union..?? I know I may be wrong, but can you explain a bit more why you
> > think Cold War was "won"?
>
> Cold War = American Proxies fighting Russian Proxies.
> Winning = One side gives up.

I think Soviet Union's did not "give up" eg. collapse was not framed by their
leaders. There was strong urge for independence in many ex-soviet states and
ex-Warshaw pact countries and that put an end for Soviet "Proxies". Am I
wrong, but wasn't "Star Wars"-program cancelled because it was too expensive?

Matthew 26:52
"Put away your sword," Jesus told him. "Those who use the sword will be killed
by the sword.

Blessings,
Jukka