[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

Clawman groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 03:34:37 CDT 2004

Indeed,

>Perhaps we needed to
>go to war.  Perhaps we needed to have gone to war on different terms.
>Perhaps we could have avoided all this mess.  God knows better than
>any of us.  My conviction remains that we could have taken a rather
>different approach.

Maybe Saddam would have just surrendered and left office voluntarily. What
do you think? Perhaps the inspectors could have moved about Iraq freely
without 60,000 US troops on his border. Evil is above all things selfish.

>My concern is that we chose pride over humility, and pride comes
>before a fall.  How well we get along with our neighbors says much for
>our longevity as a nation.  But alas, we have become like Israel &
>Judah, have we not?  Do not we Americans do what is right in our own
>eyes?  Even many Christians have fallen for the Burger King slogan -
>they want things their way.

This is all too true. We are at the breaking point in our society, where
the lies
of the evil one are about to overtake the truth even in issues of basic
morailty.
Then we become Rome ... then we perish as she did so long ago.

>So here we have begun to throw out the faith that built our nation,
>we've tossed Lady Justice to the lions, and sold our souls for x
>thousand barrells of oil.  Well, gotta run.  Back with more later.

Try not to equate the populace fooled by the evil one with the
motivation behind
the war. We went after Afghanistan for Osama, for the most active terrorist
training camps on earth, for the Taliban and for an example to the rest of
the terror harbingering nations to observe ... and tremble. Iraq was simply
finishing a job started a long time ago (i.e. cleaning up our own mess).

>>I am actually the same, I refuse to be known as a Republican because
>>they are not anything close to what I would want a politcal party to be.
>>
>>Brian

Absolutely, I vote for Christian politicians here even if they aren't
party affiliated at all.
Better a Christian you can trust than an Arnold. But then again, better
an Arnold held
in check by his party than another Eco-Maniac who saves the spotted eel
from moving
to Mexico by bankrupting the state.