[CS-FSLUG] THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sat Sep 4 11:34:15 CDT 2004

Could anyone point me to the origin of the statement that the movie was
anti-Semitic?  I am not sure how aware you all are of this, but the
anti-Semitic claims were one of the reasons the Passion was such a hit in the
Muslim world.  Everyone flocked to see this movie that was against the Jews,
but they found it was quite different than they anticipated.  The movie was
shown all over the Muslim world, having been one of the few pieces of Christian
"propaganda" that was allowed into the country.  Some places that banned the
Bible welcomed the Passion.  Being "against the Jews" meant that the Muslim
leadership that was banning everything else, let it slip into their countries.

I was really interested to know where the anti-Semitic claims originated from.
Not that I wanted to thank them for turning the Passion into one of the
greatest evangelistical films for Muslims, but more that I love the irony.
Someone was trying to bash the movie, but the Lord used that for His glory,
flipped it over on it's head, and turned the movie into something that every
proper Muslim wanted to see.

	- Tim Young