[CS-FSLUG] PD: Robertson and Falwell final denounced by religious leaders

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Thu Sep 2 07:19:43 CDT 2004

I agree with the basic message, but I don't agree with the way that
these men went about making their message heard. Seems like these sorts
of things should be handeled within the Christian community and not on a
national level. The approach we see here entirely jumps the biblical
model of church reconcilliation/discipline. It doesn't even break on the
"speak the truth in love" guideline, imho.

As such, they entirely negate their message by being what they are
making others out to be, basically hypocrites.

Anyone know a couple good verses for the biblical model of approaching a
brother in sin? That's what I'm referring to in the first paragraph and
I wish I could whip those out...

JSR/