[CS-FSLUG] Sendmail with multiple domains

Doug Coats dcoats at heritagemail.org
Wed Oct 27 08:49:32 CDT 2004

Thanks for the info.

I got it working last night but I am still not confident exactly what I was
doing wrong.  I had already implemented the steps you suggested except for
#2 with no joy.  I tried that with the same results.  I stopped and
restarted Sendmail after many changes just to have the email rejected again.

I then noticed that the position of the ` and the ' seemed to be misplaced
in line you wanted me to include in the mc file.  You had:

define(`confCW_FILE', `-o MAIL_SETTINGS_DIR`'local-host-names')dnl

As far as I understand the ` is used as and opening quote the the ' as a
closing quote.  Is that right?  I changed it to:

define(`confCW_FILE', `-o MAIL_SETTINGS_DIR' `local-host-names')dnl

Stopped and Started sendmail with still no luck.  I then looked on another
machine that has two Domains that work for emailing either and that line is
not included in the mc.  I wonder if the newest version of Sendmail picks up
the "local-host-name" even without that line in the mc.

I then restarted my server out of desperation and now it works.

I am very happy about it working but not satisfied that I could duplicate
the results.  I guess I will have to remove all of my changes and start over
and document which ones were necessary to complete the setup.

I did set up the virtusertable but I don't know if I actually need it.
Could you explain further what that is actually for and when you would need
it and when you do not?

Thanks again - God Bless,

Doug