[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mail Clients

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Oct 25 09:46:41 CDT 2004

Here is the question of the week:

	What is your favorite Open Source e-mail client and why?

Personally, I'm partial to Evolution. I have not tried Evolution 2.0
yet, but I find Evolution 1.4.x much faster than other clients with the
large quantities of e-mail I deal with and features such as Virtual
Folders makes it easy to managed e-mail. The built in calendaring is
excellent too.

For many people these days, I've been recommending Thunderbird since it
seems to have a bit better design for just e-mail, but Evolution still
does some stuff I like that even Thunderbird does not offer (such as
the Virtual Folders).

	-Tim
Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |