[CS-FSLUG] P-INFO: AVERTING A DIRTY ELECTION

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Oct 23 20:41:38 CDT 2004

AVERTING A DIRTY ELECTION

The November 2 elections are at our national doorstep with most Americans
resolved to go to the polls to cast their votes in the tradition of America.

Pretty simple, right?

Not so fast.

A colossal storm cloud is gathering over this election in the form of
potential voter fraud.

How is this any of my business?  Well, for months now, a host of evangelical
leaders - including me - have been steering a massive drive to enlist
church-going voters who will go to the polls to "vote Christian" on November
2.  We have a significant stake in this election and we have worked
diligently and lawfully to propel pro-life, pro-traditional family lawmakers
into office.

What a shame it would be if duplicitous party organizers were to succeed in
throwing this election to undeserving candidates, thereby eradicating the
hard work we have done to recruit and enroll legitimate voters.

A Washington Times article this week summed up the concerns:

"A coalition of liberal groups committed to defeating President Bush has
spent more than $100 million orchestrating the largest voter-registration
drive in U.S. history, raising concerns of widespread voter fraud in 14
battleground states.

"At the same time, Democratic Party officials are gearing up to challenge
unfavorable Election Day results in a number of states through 'pre-emptive
strikes,' charging that Republicans prevented minorities from voting even
before any such incidents are confirmed."

Get it?  Republicans don't want black people to vote.  It's a tired old
horse, but the Democrats are committed to riding it to death.

Thankfully, at least some of the scams are being addressed.

In Colorado, a judge has upheld a rule that voters must show identification
before voting.  This is a completely logical ruling, but it is one opposed
by the left.  In addition, the Florida Supreme Court has ruled that people
casting provisional ballots in the wrong places are not entitled to have
their votes counted.  Again, the left has charged that this rule - and here's
that imposing word again - disenfranchises voters.

But Colorado could still be the site of major problems.  You see, the
Democratic National Committee's Colorado Election Day Manual has instructed
state voters to initiate a "pre-emptive strike" by charging that voters
faced intimidation tactics, even if proof of such tactics are non-existent.

This is the very picture of desperation politics.

Denver Post columnist David Harsanyi said this week: "Long ago, the DNC
decided it was in its best interests to revive the urban myth of 2000's
disenfranchisement in Florida.  This despite an exhaustive investigation by
the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, led by a Democrat, that uncovered no
evidence of voter intimidation, or voter harassment, or intentional or
systematic disenfranchisement of black voters."

These are dangerous fun and games from the Democrats.  They are so consumed
with a Kerry victory (or possibly more so by a Bush loss) that they are
willing to do anything to win, or even to simply prolong the election to
taint a second Bush term.

In Ohio, a man was arrested this week after allegedly filling out 124 voter
registration forms in exchange for a payment of crack cocaine.

When you consider the hatred for President Bush by the left, it's really not
that hard to believe that trading cocaine for votes might actually happen.

Here's more: America's 1st Freedom magazine reported that new federal
regulations will allow felons, fugitives, even foreign nationals to vote,
with their votes subject only to post-election review by local authorities.
And who will hold these local authorities accountable?  Have you heard about
John Kerry's 30,000-member horde of lawyers who will be monitoring polling
in the battleground states?

The presence of the Kerry lawyer brigade should make us all rest easier,
huh?
    The publication noted: "So if you thought waiting for the outcome of the
2000 elections was like Chinese water torture, wait until John Kerry, John
Edwards and their contingency-fee trial-attorney backers sink their teeth
into the prospect of grabbing 3 to 6 million provisional votes."

So what's it all boil down to?

Well, it's obvious that there is treachery afoot.  We must all be on the
alert for potential voter fraud and report anything out of order we witness
at the polls or elsewhere.

More importantly, it behooves Christians to be in heartfelt prayer for our
nation.  Clearly, many people have placed their own interests above our
national interests in this election.

But the Bible teaches us that God honors those nations that honor Him, so we
must be about the Father's business.

Please join me in praying that those who wish to ravage our elections will
be exposed for who they really are.  And join me in praying that our nation
will be blessed to have many honorable men and women - be they Republican,
Democrat or Independent - elected to office on November 2.

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."