[CS-FSLUG] System standby in Mandrake 10.0

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Oct 19 15:30:28 CDT 2004

I've been trying to get Mandrake 10.0 to suspend to disk but I've not figured
out how yet, I've installed acpid and apm but both complaint that support
isn't compiled into my kernel. I would like to be able to suspend everything
to disk so when I come back I can press the power button and have the
computer come on with Linux already loaded.

I've tried searching the internet and I've found nothing usefull, I think SUSE
Linux might have had something like that installed to begin with but Mandrake
apparently doesn't. I would appreciate any help with this.